View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 02:07 PM

more comments about my cruise on the Summit....please read post above 1st

Because I booked the cruise very late I was given Celebrity Select Dining for the Cosmopolitan Restaurant. This meant dining between 5:00-9:30pm and if I wanted to dine at a certain time then it was better to phone early to make a reservation as at certain times the MDR was very busy and if you had no reservation you might have to wait a while to get a table.

At the door of the upper MDR the left side is for those who just turn up without a reservation and the right side is for those who have one. I always went without a reservation and was fortunate in that only once did I have 25/30 minute wait...they ask you to wait in Cellar Master and collect you when you table is ready.

I always found something I wanted to eat and enjoyed the meals. Each day in the Celebrity Today newsletter there was a recommendation by the chef eg
Cabernet Braised Lamb Shank, Veal Cordon Bleu, Lamb Chops Provencal & Oven Roasted Chicken Saltimbocca

As I said in the post above, I made a reservation in the Normandie. They have two menus but I was content to use the A la Carte. I had a table by the window, the service was very good and I enjoyed the food and the way it was presented.

It was great to have almost 3 days in Bermuda and I got a pass so I could get buses and ferries when I wanted. Thursday was a morning of rain and at first I thought it might spoil the day but fortunately it cleared up in the afternoon and the sun came out.

Went to the late night comedy show which was ok and saw a couple of other shows in the Celebrity Theatre but the act that stood out by far was one by illusionist Jason King. He was terrific and I was pleased I got the opportunity to see his talent.

That's about it except that it was good to have a balcony to relax on and fortunately didn't have noisy neighbours.