View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Administrator

We just got home after the 7 hour drive from New Orleans. Outstanding cruise. I love the Radiance class ships. The only bad weather, if you can call it that, was a periodic drizzle in Cozumel. But since I stayed aboard it didn't affect me.

The food was good, but still there are always a couple of things in the buffet and in the main dining room that make you wonder what they were thinking when they put the recipe together. They had a new thing in the Windjammer dinner buffet one night - you put your pizza toppings in a bowl (you picked them and how much of each), hand the bowl to the guy at the counter and they custom made a pizza with fresh dough for you. Only took 5 minutes or so and was excellent. They only had it one night though. Plus they had a crawfish boil one night, served in a huge paella pan. Chops....the menu is getting stale. We ate there and it was fine, but I don't see it happening again unless they jazz up the menu. Giovanni's Table was really good and it seems they HAVE changed their menu from the original one on the Oasis. Less pasta dishes and more things from northern Italy (excellent risotto with 3 types of mushrooms).

Excellent concierge (Mario) and the new concierge lounge is lovely - and quite large. Biggest shock was it was never more than half full. The new Diamond lounge isn't as large but they have doors that open to an overflow area in the Viking Crown lounge area. As with the Concierge lounge, the Diamond area was never packed. Just one of those cruises with not too many upper tier members aboard.

We'll do it again, and maybe sooner than later.