View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat. I am somewhat jealous as your cruise leaves from New York, my favorite home port. Be sure to stay on deck as N. Jewel makes her way down the Hudson River... and be on a top deck when she travels under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge. It is such a thrill as you approach, knowing your ship will clear it, but still wondering. Being on an outer deck rather than your balcony will enable you to go from side to side during this scenic trip.

Once onboard, I have only a few tips as my time on N. Jewel was limited to a ship tour a few years ago. When in the cabin corridors, look down at the carpeting. The design is that of fish swimming... they are "swimming" toward the front of the ship, which will be helpful in finding your cabin. Also, be sure to have at least one meal in Tsar's Palace... no fee, and a spectacular dining room. If you do decide to go to the fee restaurants, look for early-bird specials. Additionally, as you are in a mini-suite, you can make your reservations in the fee restaurants 48 hours in advance (at least that is the case on my upcoming cruise).

If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. Again, welcome aboard!