View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 02:04 PM

Hi Hpotterfan
I'll be right in front of you. We're leaving the 15th and will be in Bermuda the 18th.

I agree with Lisa. In addition to the moped/ scooter learing curve, there's the wrong side of the road thing. It really detracts from the sightseeing.
When I went last year, my son and I took the bus to Hamilton and had a look around, then took the bus all the way to St. George and took the Ferry back. The second day we went to Horseshoe beach for a couple hours and headed up to see crystal cave.(The Swizzle Inn is right around the corner from the caves...birthplace of the rum swizzle.)
The drivers are wonderful. polite, helpful and informative. The routes are easy if you end up in thw wrong place...who cares, you're on vacation! Just hop on the next bus.
The Dockyard area has some nice little pubs that aren't as expensive as you might think. The Frogg and onion has a monster glass of local brew in a take home glass. If the weather is nice, the snorkel park is walking distance from the ship, and the National Museum (dolphin quest)is right there also.

There's sooo much to do on Bermuda it's hard to narrow it down to one thing. There's really no need to do an excursion unless you have your heart set on something like the dolphin swim. And honestly, I looked at the dolphin quest website, and it's less expensive to book through the cruise line because you get the group rate.

While you should alsways be aware of your surroundings, Bermuda is very safe so there's no problem going out on your own.
Fodor's has some nice self-guided tour suggestions. And don't be afraid to use the internet. Sometime the tours offered by the cruise lines can be booked directly
Have a great time, We'll try to leave some sunshine for you!
Marsha

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers