View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 08:56 AM

Hi kozman01, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Congratulations on your up-coming cruise! Just want to warn you, cruising is addictive We haven't been on that itinerary, unfortunately, it sounds heavenly. Have you been through our Caribbean Port Chat section a little further down the page? You can use the "find" feature in the upper left hand corner, type in your ports and it will pull up all the posts made about them.

I'm not sure what you enjoy doing, but if you like snorkeling, Belize was really a good snorkel. Wish I could help with the other ports, but have not been there---yet

Be sure to try the chocolate melting cake, it is wonderful. We've sailed 5 different Carnival ships and have a ball on all of them, each has its own character. However, the chocolate melting cake has been wonderful on all of them

I'm glad to hear you're flying in the day before, it alleviates so much stress. If you have enough time, take the water taxi. It's around $10/pp but it's for an all day pass. You can get off and on as much as you like. If you take it all the way to the end, there are two really fun places, Shooters for great drinks and Charlie's Crab for great food. Pier 66 Bar and Grill is also a great restaurant, it's on the intracoastal waterway and 17th street causeway. You can see the yachts and cruise ships from there. One of my favorite restaurants there is the Sea Watch, but it is in north Lauderdale and you would have to take a cab or bus there. It's right on the ocean, good food, great view.

Hope y'all have a marvelous cruise!