View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 10:53 AM

Hi mac91360, there are some really great places to eat in Ft. Lauderdale. Pier 66 Bar and Grill, Charlie's Crab, Shooters, Sea Watch, and Lester's Diner are a few of my favorites. Pier 66 is on 17th Street Causeway, on the east side of the intracoastal. I don't know where you're staying, but you might want to get a pass for the water taxi. It was $10/pp per day and you can hop on/off as many times as you like. They do make a stop at Pier 66. Charlie's Crab and Shooters is at the last stop you make going north in the water taxi. All 3 of these places are on the intracoastal. Great views, great food, great drinks. You can get off on Las Olas Boulevard from the water taxi. There are some "kitchy" stores, retro, one ofs, etc. There are also some good restaurants there, too. One of my favorites is Cafe du Paris. The Sea Watch is in north Lauderdale, you'd have to take a cab. It's right on the ocean, great food, and a marvelous setting. Huge iguanas roaming around. They do have an early bird special, I believe it's from 4-5:30, 3 course meal for $29.95 per person. They have some of the best key lime pie (besides Key West). Lesters is on State Road 84, near the port. It's just a good ol' diner that has been there ever since I could remember. I always try to get there at least once during our visits. Oh, I almost forgot, The Mia-Kai. It's on US1, they have a Polynesian floor show, as well as good Polynesian food.

There are some nice places to visit in Ft. Lauderdale. The Galleria Mall is on Sunrise Boulevard, there's Birch State Park, across from the ocean on A1A, the Jungle Queen (that Lil' Lori mentioned) sails from Bahia Mar, and if you like fishing, you can charter boats or go out on a drift fishing boat. The Everglades is interesting, too.

Hope this helps a little.