View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 12:52 AM

I want to encourage you to take the ship sponsered tour to Xuantunich Mayan ruins. It was the coolest thing I have ever done in my life!!! It is a really long tour so be sure to take the tour offered by the ship!! They pick you up on a bus. You get to see the city, the beautiful country side...There is a tour guide on the bus! It is a long drive but worth it for all you get to see and all the info you get from the guide. The ruins are AWESOME! You get to climb on them. If you not afraid of heights!. Theres even some that are not uncovered. I am really suprised that more people do not talk about this tour! We had time to shop at a little shop. (Make sure to buy Cashew Wine...I don't drink but bought it for friends. It makes you drunk when you drink it and again the next morning after it ferments in your stomach.) Anyway, we stopped at a restraunt and had a local lunch of chicken, beans, rice, and plaintains(included on tour price!)....anyway..it was the coolest thing I have ever done! Trying to post a photo. I hope it works!