View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 08:32 PM

I read each of your responses and thank each of you who posted. I guess I was born in an age where the customer is, or was like family, and is valued as they want them to return. Your comments are exactly what I mean. Today it is not like dealing with a store you deal with on an ongoing basis...(7 cruises) If I was the owner of Carnival I would at least send a bottle of wine, or chocolates or a $10.00 gift card on the cruise we are going on...SOMETHING to let the customer know you care about them. How hard is it to say I am sorry you are battling this awful disease and we here at Carnival value you as a customer and care about you even though by our policy says we cannot return your deposit in the form of on Board Credit. Now how hard is that instead of a cold NO letter. But like you said they are so big now that we are just a number in the $$$ and not personal anymore. You know how you feel when you leave a week on a cruise ship? You have made new friends and you feel so close with your cruise director as they have spent the week letting you know they are happy you are cruising with them. Why can't this spread over to the corporate branch? I think I was actually more hurt at the cold letter rather than the money. Does this make sense? Maybe if I go to a smaller cruise line they will have the time for the more personal touch. I never thought of selling the cruise..that was a good idea, and yes I did put the charge on my card. Never thought of that either.

Although it was a long year I am cancer free and put the $750.00 I did get back..minus the $200.00 penalty, on the Eastern Caribben Cruise on the Liberty..So I will be seeing you back in PR my friend...Love your home
2004 Esctasy CATALINA-MEXIC0
2005 NCL SAN FRANCISCO
2006 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2007 Pride MEXICAN RIVIERA
2008 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2008 Destiny SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN
2009 Liberty EASTERN CARIBBEAN
2010 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2011 Paradise CATALINA-MEXICO
2012 Crown Princess EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN