View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 08:28 AM

My heart goes out to the crew. A ship can have engine problems or any type of problems. In the passenger contract it states that they can change the itinerary if necessary. The passenger's actions were truly reprehensible. I'm sorry to not side with the passengers, but stuff hapens. On our Royal cruise, we missed 2 of our ports due to weather. We still had a marvelous cruise and absolutely no compensation was offered. Oh, I'm sure there were those on board whose vacations were just ruined because we didn't get to go to all of our ports of call, but who cares. It was still a fantastic cruise. I didn't hear of anyone calling for a mutiny, thank heavens.

We've had 4 cruises on Costa and had a ball on each of them. They just don't do the states that much and they're really loaded with children. Not that it's bad with a lot of children on board, it's just a different type of cruise when there are little people running all over. It's not the kids fault or the cruise lines fault, it's the parents. Having engine troubles is no one's fault, it just plain happens.