View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 03:38 PM

Nanci, If you have seen my posts over the years you know that I am no fan of tours (particularly the ones done through cruise lines). But that Cinque Terre tour looks absolutely fantastic. In fact, we would probably consider doing that tour ourselves, and that would be the first tour we would have taken in more than a dozen Med cruises. You may have noticed that the Euro went over $1.50 today for the first time. We are already trying to plan some future trip strategies and are seriously considering renting apartments...perhaps 2 or 3 weeks in France near San Remy and at least 2 weeks somewhere in the vicinity of San Gimiganano. We could than take advantage of the car-lease schemes. As for the next few months, we will arrive in Italy on May 2 (crossing on the Grand Princess) where we are spending only 10 days driving in Italy. We finally decided to spend 4 nights in Praiano, than drive up to Urbino (via a night in Spoleto) and than stop in Cortona for a night on the way back to FCO. Its so darn frustrating pricing out this short venture with $7.50 a gallon gas, food, wine, etc. We had our good years with the strong dollar, but I guess its now time for the Europeans to flock to the USA where, for them, everything is on sale.

Hank