View Single Post
Old 04-13-2006, 03:02 PM

Thanks for your responses to my question. Both of them make sense. The response I received from NCL didn't. It was from their SE Sales Region Sales Rep. who said that the Jones Act prohibited it. Upon looking into the Jones Act I find that this act was enacted by the US Congress some time ago to protect Seamen (in a manner similiar to Workmen's Compensation). So I do not see how the act address my concern of leaving 1 day early from the cruise, especially since the ship will return to two US ports from Kiribati prior to arriving in Kona.
So I tend to think that this was an arbitary decision thrown out to me just so I do not make a wave and disturb the usual routine. I am not looking to inconvenience anyone and I do not want to surprise the ship that I am not on it when they expect to leave Kona that is why I decided to tell them with plenty of advance notice what my intentions were. If I was not concerned for them and the rest of the passengers what would stop me from walking off the ship with my belongings in Kona and not returning?
Any suggestions or contact information with someone at NCL who might help me resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. It just does not make sense to me to get back on the ship, get up the following morning, go to the airport and fly back to where I was the day before for no particular reason.

Thanks

geebee