View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 12:07 PM

We are going for Spring Break- April 9.
We are staying in 2 rooms. At Carnival we shared one room-quite the experience. At that time hubby and I- our 15 and 12 year old and 4 year old. But we do not vacation much and that was actually our first big vacation in our 17 year marriage and it was a weekend cruise!

So this one we are still going with the cheaper interior bottom level rooms-2 this time! I prefer to shower and sleep in there and I'm gone! It helped with the teens- we would put the 4 year old done and let the boys run around till 11 or so and then they would come back and hang out in the room and watch their sleeping sister while we went to the nighttime shows. We were going to get a balcony room but it was $1000 more and with 5 on a trip, we decided we'd do without.
The thing I think i want to be most careful about it orienting ourselves to the ship faster. We got on at 3 last time- got food, went to the lifevest drill, left port, ate dinner, and then realized we had missed 5-8 thigs that had already been going on! I didn't realize when it starts it startsHuh? I didn't realize you could arrive before 1:30. Thats what time they told us so that is when we arrived and found out later people had been there since 11 and the tour was at NOON! Then we spent 2 1/2 days just finding stuff on the ship- I was 1/2 hour late for dinner b/c I couldn't figure out how to get to the dining room!

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09