View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 03:31 PM

here is the description for the kiyak/hike/snorkel. It sounds like it could be great, but for some weird reason i get a funny feeling that it might not be as good as it sounds. I think I'm just being paranoid. I just really want to get some snorkeling in, but would like a variety to please the whole group. Let me know what ya think:

A unique, multi-eco experience awaits you in St. Thomas’ Mangrove Wildlife Refuge & Marine Sanctuary.

On this excursion you will:

-Kayak, snorkel, and hike through a 16-acre uninhabited island with breathtaking views.
-Leave the pier in an open-air safari bus to the marina.
-Be provided with a safety briefing, instructions and equipment. Board your two-person sit-upon kayak and paddle through the tranquil waters and protected mangroves of the inner lagoon.
-Make three stops for informative explanations of the area’s ecology and wildlife along with amusing local folklore. Keep your eyes open for iguanas, egrets, herons, pelicans, and frigates.
-Leave your kayak at a scenic beach for an invigorating hike to Red Point cliffs, tidal pools and a blowhole.
-Don your mask and plunge into the fascinating underwater kingdom. See starfish, conchs, stingrays, and puffer fish as you explore a beautiful coral fringed mangrove nursery.
-Enjoy a snack and then glide your kayak back into the water for your return trip to the marina.