View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 06:04 AM

Hi CruisySuzi,
I deleted your duplicate post. Congratulations on your upcoming cruise! I'm not sure what you consider inexpensive. In Ft. Lauderdale, anything under $150 is pretty good. However, there are some great choices there. A lot of people have good luck on price line. There have been a lot of recommendations made on this board. You can use your Find feature (upper left hand corner) and type in Ft. Lauderdale and it will pull up all the posts made. There is the Embassy Suites, The Renaissance, The Hyatt Pier 66, just to name a few that are close to the port/airport. The airport is about 1 1/2 miles away from the port. The beach is a little further. All the major rental car companies are there. Budget and Enterprise will probably be the best deal. I do hope you're planning on spending the night in Orlando when you return, it's not a short hop from Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando and back. Especially after roaming around Disney World for the day. None of the rental car companies are on the port, they're either at the airport or off of US1 near the airport/port. If you make arrangements ahead of time, they will probably be able to provide you with shuttle service. Best wishes for a fantastic cruise!