View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 10:08 PM

Just as a follow-up...

I found this website:
CDC Vessel Sanitation Program
and it appears that any cruise ship sailings on which 2% or more of the passengers/crew become ill will be listed.

It seems to be up to date, and the 2/3-2/15 sailing of Explorer of the Seas is not on there. So that suggests to me that less than 2% of the people on the ship came down with noro, unless I'm misinterpreting something.

I say that because one of the people who wrote a review on another site lambasting RCCL's sanitation procedures claimed that 25% of the people on the ship became sick on that sailing. 25%!!! That's what initially led me to post this topic...I was shocked and skeptical. If I'm reading this website correctly, it appears that the number of people infected was nowhere near what this person stated.

I think people should feel more than welcome to express their viewpoints on sanitation or anything else on a ship and to be critical if need be that's the point of a review, after all, to highlight the good and bad, what's done well and what can stand to improve. And obviously people reading reviews have to be savvy enough to take some things with a grain of salt and know that some people embellish or insert data and figures without backup. But to say that 1 out of 4 people on that ship became ill is so exaggerative, it just fuels the whole noro panic and makes newbies nervous about cruising.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005