View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 04:10 PM

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry everyone! I really didn't mean to offend! We had a myriad of problems on this Carnival cruise and that was just one of many that were never corrected either on board or afterward. Staff was shockingly rude. Stateroom was poorly kept, over flowing toilets in common areas, stolen towels, stolen books, kids running wild throughout the ship at all hours of the day and night. It was awful! We had no point of comparison until our next cruise with Princess so it really was a steep learning curve for us. Letters were never responded to. Our agent was completely ignored by the service reps at Carnival. It just went on and on and on.

I realize our food has to come from somewhere but this family really WERE pig farmers from West Virginia! I didn't make that up.

I'm sorry that last line could be construed offensive; It was merely a statement of fact. I just could never do another Carnival cruise after such horrendous treatment. Macmom111 you are absolutely correct. Manners MUST be taught in the home and it doesn't matter where that home is. There were NO manners at this table. There was no attempt to correct the appalling acts displayed by the children from the adults. Incredible rudeness to the staff, outright derision at the appearance of the food, etc. It was just all bad, bad, bad.

On the other hand, we have had incredible dinners with amazing people from every walk of life and every corner of the globe on our cruises. Many a night our table of 10 has closed the diningroom and conversations resumed in another part of the ship. Life-long friendships have been started and cultivated with many wonderful,intelligent, vibrant people. Americans, British, Israel, Germans, just to name a few! This forum asked for lousy dining experiences - this was definately one of them! We have had five further incredible cruises since this first one so I know it was the circumstances of this particular cruise.

So. No ofense intended. Please don't take any (more). I'm still smarting from this cruise and it's 6 years in the past. I vented. It was not the correct forum. Sorry. Bye.
PS I don't like lamb - sacrificial or otherwise! LOL Thank you drlivingson for realizing there must be more to the story than was presented.