View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 09:39 PM

Hello all. It has been a while since I have visited, hope everyone is doing well.

I work with developmentally disabled adults and kids and I need some advice setting up a group cruise for myself, fellow employees and the individuals they serve. I have so far contacted a wonderful Carnival Vacation Planner and gotten quotes for the dates that are in mind, but that is as far as I have gotten. I am planning on sending a letter to all fellow employees and the families to get all the interested parties together. If anyone has any experience in this or advise I would be greatful to any help. I don't want to use a travel agent due to most of the individuals having limited income and we are trying to keep the cost as low as possible. (not knocking the great agents I know they have to make a living too.)

I have been on 2 cruises in the past that 1st was with a small group and the 2nd was with family. Both times involved someone with a developmentally disablity. Both times was wonderful. Everyone was very excepting of our individuals and showed no indifferences to the abilities or disabilities. After 11 years in this field I have seen quite alot of discrimination to these individuals and would like to send out lots of thank yous to anyone who may have been on a previous cruise with us.

Thanks in advance to any and all help you all give.
Dayla