View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 02:44 PM

The balcony door can be locked when you are not supervising. The rail is safer than on anybody I could name's deck here at home. You will do fine with the balcony unless you are raising such a terror he should be kept on a leash at all times, and if that were the case you would probably know it and not be attempting the vacation. Relax and enjoy. I have only met two people in my life who didn't enjoy cruising--one only wanted to golf on vacation and nothing else, and one couple wanted to "be alone" all the time--not sure what resort destination will provide that--camping maybe? The room will be adequate. Kids need to experience a shower sooner or later or swimming lessons at the Y are going to be a shocker. There is staff to help you--plan to tip. If the dining room is too much for the kids you can do room service or a buffet (in and out in your own time). The baby sitters have more experience than any teen in your neighborhood and your mother-in-law combined. This is going to fun for all of you. I have been in your shoes and attitude will save the day.
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews