I have several questions about the Zuiderdam and would appreciate hearing from you.
1. Can you preregister for the Culinary Arts Center Classes. I would very much like to participate and wondered if, like shore excursions this is possible.
2. I have a SZ guarantee. How long in advance can I expect to hear what my cabin assignment will be? I have been told by my on-line TA that I will find out at boarding time. I can't imagine how this works if you have luggage that needs to be tagged with a stateroom number. Has anyone had this experience? And I notice that there are only two SZ cabins on the ship. What have other people found their cabin assignments to be using the GUAR fare?
3. I am travelling solo and would ideally not like assigned seating so that I can eat when I wish and alone if possible. The As You Wish feature has not been introduced fleetwide. Can anyone who has travelled on the ship alone tell me how they handled their dining experience.
4. Is it possible to eat at the bar at the Pinnacle Grill? Has anyone been able to "walk in" and sit at the bar?
5. Do the Friends of Dorothy meet on the Zuiderdam? (several daily programs from 2005 have the lsiting but the official program I viewed from 2006 made no mention of a meeting.
6. Is is possible to cruise on the Zuiderdam and be left pretty much alone? (Before you say anything, please understand I am really looking for some alone time which is why I am going solo on this cruise.)
I'd appreicate hearing from you.