View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 03:32 PM

Thank you all for taking the time to respond. Iím glad I stumbled on to this board

Both cruises posted are correct as well as the approximate prices:

Ship Name: Brilliance of the Seas
Departure Port: Barcelona, Spain
Ports of Call: Barcelona, Spain; Villefranche (Nice), France; Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy; Naples, Capri, Italy; Venice, Italy; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Corfu, Greece; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; Barcelona, Spain
2007 Date(s): Aug 13

Stateroom:
Interior Oceanview Balcony Deluxe & Suite
$2,499.00 $2,699.00 $3,649.00 $5,349.00

Thanks Sonny

The second choice:

August 9th Grand Mediterranean cruise on Emerald Princess.

Interior: $2440; Oceanview: $2790; Balcony: $3190;
Suite: $5765. This is for the August 9th Grand Mediterranean cruise on Emerald Princess.
As you can see, Princess is actually higher in two categories; and the biggest difference in any category is $459 ($3649 v.
$3190 for a balcony cabin). Thanks f-mattox!

However when we were comparing the two rooms of comparable size, the Brilliance of the Seas Jr. Suite is approx. $5388.95 per person and the mini suite on the Emerald Princess is approx $3793.50 per person. The rooms are about the same size, with different layouts. That comes out to a difference of $1595.45 per person.

The Brilliance junior suite is apparently 293 sq feet plus 66 for the balcony.
The Emerald Mini suites w/ balcony are different sizes, but the ďACĒ Dolphin category is apparently 323 sq feet plus a balcony of 63 sq feet. (Size was described by agent, but not found on Princess Website) How do you factually find that?

Assuming these size cabins are correct, I see no reason why the Princess cruise would not be the best for the money, at least.

Thatís where the $1600.00 price difference per person comes from. If anyone feels I am going about this wrong or made an incorrect assumption, please let me know, or care to comment again- Iíd appreciate it! Thank you.