View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-26-2010, 10:15 AM
Marylovestocruise's Avatar
Marylovestocruise Marylovestocruise is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 88
Default
Dwayne or Penny (or anyone who knows first hand) if you could give me your expert advice on the following: three of us are booked on the Carnival Fascination leaving Jacksonville on December 11th. We booked a GS with the my Dad's military discount. He's injured his back and is in a rehab facility now and most likely won't be able to go. I did buy the insurance for him but I don't know which way to proceed.

I don't want to cancel his cruise just yet in case he is fit for travel, but I don't want to wait until the last minute if something I could do now would be better. I realize that if HE doesn't go, then we are not eligible for the military discount and that would leave my son and I as first and second passengers instead of second and third.

If I change the reservation with Carnival now, and pay the extra, would that be a better option that us just getting a note from the doctor stating that Dad can't cruise and just let him be a no-show when we check in?

Poor Dad, he's been my cruising buddy since 2003 and is so disappointed with his health these days. The old Navy Chief loves being at sea and is happiest there.

I want to do the right thing, but I don't want to pay any more than I have to or should. Any advice you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mary
__________________




Read and post cruise reviews