View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 04:27 AM

Hello everybody,

the S/S "Norway" left Bremerhaven under tow by the oceangoing Chinese salvage tug "De Da" (actually one of the world's largest and most powerful tugs) yesterday. Her destination is unknown. NCL says Port Klang, Malaysia, but Singapore seems to be a more likely option. Yet, she might also be sold to cash buyers enroute, who would eventually sell her to the breakers.

My photos are still in the laboratory, but my "digitally equipped friends" Stephan Giesen and Helge Barth have already published their pictures in Cruise-Chat.com's German forum, here.

As you can see in the pictures, NCL's new "Pride of America" returned from sea trials when the "Norway" left, so it was possible to catch NCL's oldest and newest ship on one picture. I guess it's not too difficult to imagine which ship looks way better than the other one to me.

Also, here's a nice series of webcam shots:

After the "Norway" had left, the formerly sunny weather turned into grey with some rain - this can also been seen in the picture. There were hundreds of spectators who wanted to bid the "Norway" farewell.

Raoul Fiebig