View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 11:32 PM

If you like to be on the go, go, go, you'll love the Dawn. We sailed on her last November, and I rate it as one of our worst cruises, but it was our fault for not studying the intinery closely. All of 3 hours in Jamaica, and only 4 hours in Nasau. Seemed we were always on the move, and after awhile you really yearn to set foot on land for awhile. Most dinners also took about 2 1/2 hours, which really cuts into time spent doing other things like attending shows or other entertainment. Another tip, bring a spoon from home for the lunch buffet. Seems Norweigian dosen't think you need one for breakfast or lunch buffet. It is interesting stiring your coffie with a knife.
All in all, having been on six previous cruises, three on Norweigian ships, this was the worst, and I don't know if it was the fault of "freestyle" or the new policy adopted by the company. Also, some of the crew were excellent, while others were downright rude. The cruise director falls into the later catagory.
Good luck on your cruise. Me ? We're going back to Celebrity and Holland America.