View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 07:59 AM

Hi again! This is just a hint regarding excursions. I see you are an experienced cruiser, but for rookies, it might prove helpful. We booked a whale watching excursion through Captain Larry's. They came highly recommended and were cheaper than any whale watching excursions on the ship. The tour was also of shorter duration which left us time afterward to explore Juneau.

Problem is, there is a $25 per person cancellation policy, if cancelled more than 72 hours in advance. When I called to cancel because of my wrist, they were nice enough to waive my $25 charge, but still charged the $25 for my husband. If we had booked the ship excursion, it would have been cancelled at no charge. So there are pros and cons to private tour operators. Just be sure you read the fine print!

Also, we booked the dinner theater at Denali Princess lodge. These tickets are non-refundable and we will pursue them through our trip insurance.

Since we didn't expect to have to cancel, we were a little nonchalant about the cancellation policies. We learned!

Enjoy planning your cruise. It is so exciting!

Nadine