Thread: New to Princess
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 06:10 AM

G'day.... We are an Aussie Family cruising to the Caribbean for the first time Departing Ft Lauderdale on 30 March onboard the Ruby Princess. We have cruised a few times in the Pacific with P&O with mixed opinions so trying something different this yr.

A few questions.....

1/ We will be sailing on an Easter Cruise does Princess lines celebrate Easter for the children onboard?
2/ We booked recently and were given a oceanview room on the plaza deck with the promise of "almost certainly to be given an upgrade" how true is this.... as this does not occur on Australian ships
3/Laundry facilities onboard are showing self use laundries at a cost of $1.50 USD. Are coins required or is it card swipe...Due to our Domestic travel to get to our overseas flight we have limited luggage capability so washing mid cruise is a necessity.
4/While researching the possibility of a USA based cruise I came across a childrens prepaid daily soft drink deal... You pay a fixed price for unlimited soft drinks.. but am unable to find it again... Is it Princess like I thought?

Any answers to these questions are greatly Appreciated.

Also one last question for Ft Lauderdale locals I have booked thru the Aust Army's Defence Leave plan 4 nights stay at the Sheraton Ft Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port Hotel, here in Australia Sheraton is a high standard hotel chain anyone know about this hotel.

Thanks

Sting