View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Hi GreekBasil, and welcome to cruise-chat.com. That's quite a cruise you have coming up. I see from the HAL Web site that your ports are King's Wharf, Funchal Madeira, Lisbon, Cadiz, Casablanca, Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Livorno, and Civitavecchia. Assuming you are following this with the next cruise (as the first is 17 days), that would also include Toulon, Carthage/Tunis, Valleta, Messina, and Naples (although I'm getting a total of 24 days).

What to do in each port depends on your interests... history? shopping? nature? Here are a few starting points:

Our sister site, EuropePortReviews.com has information on several of these ports. Scroll down and look at the bar on the left. Similarly, BermudaPortReviews.com has information on King's Wharf and the other two main ports on the small islands that comprise Bermuda.

We also have a Europe Port Chat board that should give you a better flavor for these ports.

Also, take a look at the shore excursions offered through HAL -- just to get an idea as to what's out there.

Let us know what appeals to you, and we'll be better able to help.

As for your five consecutive sea days, HAL will ensure there is plenty to do onboard, or you are free to take it easy. Sea days always go by very quickly for me.