View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 03:34 PM
Banned

I've sailed on the Dream, and I'll agree that the buffet is under sized. But on a trip to Bermuda, with several nights in St. George, you'll have to time every day and night to dine in the restaurants, and avoid the buffet altogether.

Some older and smaller ships have just one speciality restaurant, the Dream has two.
The Le Bistro is smaller of the two, the food is great, and the ambiance cozy and French. It'll cost an additional $15 per person to dine here. The La Trattoria, has great views overlooking the aft swimming pool through ceiling to floor glass windows, two levels high. The Italian food is your basic pasta dishes you'll find in even small towns in America, but it's free.
The two main restaurants, and the infamous too small buffet (Sports Bar) are also free. Terraces aft also looks over the aft pool, but sadly I report through one level of ceiling to floor glass windows. The Four Seasons midships also has ceiling to floor glass windows. Both main restaurants serve Continental menus.

Ships sailing from Boston to Bermuda usually have a Dine Ashore program, so you can dine in a restaurant in Bermuda too.

The Dream has three swimming pools, the aft pool behind Terraces is usually not as crowded as those topside on the Lido Deck. One pool on the Lido Deck is setup with a wet bar, with tables and seats in the pool, which is very cool.

The Oceanview cabins, larger than what you've experienced on the Majesty, have sitting areas with curtains that separate it from the bed, much like you may experience with Mini Suites on larger NCL ships. The CC Superior Oceanviews looking starboard and port have ceiling to floor windows, you'll be able to see beautiful Bermuda from the sofa.

Another experience not experienced on the Majesty are the balcony suites and cabins that are available aboard the Dream. There aren't many, and if viewing Bermuda without a pane of glass between the views and you in the cabins is desired, I recommend booking early. I expect they will sell out fast.

Yes, the Dream is a ship built in the early 1990s, which means it was designed in the late 1980s. Many amenities found on newer cruise ships are missing, I believe you'll find the Dream more than an adequate replacement for the Majesty.