View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 05:41 PM

I am planning an Alaskan cruise for DHs 60th Birthday. Hopefully about 10 family members will be joining us. If anyone has been on this ship please tell me about the restaurants and which ones have a cover charge. I noticed they have a Japanese Steakhouse and that is my favorite. I want to plan something special for his BD on the 28th.

For those who have done this cruise to Alaska please tell me what excursions we should consider. I notice many are quite expensive and I am not looking to break the bank. One son will come from London and loves to fish. Any suggestions for that? One said they would love something with dog sledding. I have noticed something about a train ride but I thought that is only through RCCL is that true? What do we not want to miss? We are considering a Mini Suite v a balcony. Any views on that? Going at the end of May what wildlife and sealife will we see?

I am a sun and steel drums type of person so I am trying to get myself excited for cold weather. I also need to convince a few other family members who wish we were going to Hawaii or the Caribbean. Any suggestions?