Thread: Eurodam
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 01:12 PM

Unfortunately, have to agree with DOC 101 food wasn't up to HAL usual standard. Only ate breakfast in the main dining room twice. After they massacred my Eggs Benedict I opted for cereal and toast the second time. The dining room staff were not up to par either. One evening our waiter took the unused silverware our fellow diners had been playing with all through dinner and proceeded to lay it out for our use! I too think they need more training. Speciality restaurants were excellent, food and service. The quality of food in the Lido also excellent. The open seating forum doesn't allow passengers to get to know their servers and I think this could be the reason we weren't in love with the service. We liked the idea of dining with different people each evening and had some really interesting conversations at dinner. The layout of the ship was odd. The public areas seemed to be compartmentalized and dark and didn't seem to encourage passengers to sit. Several evenings the bars were quiet. Some were empty. Entertainment on the ship was excellent. The internet service is extremely slow and frustrating. Not technical enough to know why. Add to that the fact that we had no TV for several days and their boast of having the state of the art communications systems didn't sit well with me. At times the only channels on TV were advertising HAL services or documentaries we'd seen on HAL last year! The intinery was excellent and we met some great people.
Avoid cabin 8102, there was terrific wind noise rushing through the door when the wind was in a certain direction. It disturbed our sleep on several occasions and the noise could be heard even when we were docked! With all due respect to the Sandy, a 3 day cruise to nowhere is a little different from a 16 day transatlantic crossing.