View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 02:06 PM

Just returned...sad to say- no fall leaves...most days were near 80 degrees. However the ports were lovely. New London Conn- Mystic Seaport- saw among other things- my first apple tree and pear tree...took a taxi there and back paid the $17 entrance fee and worth it!
Portland Maine- Took the Lighthouse For Lovers cruise $14pp wonderful witty captain! We did not do the train ride because it covered the same area the boat did. Victorian Mansion great! Ate lobster rolls in every port I think! DiMillos was a 45 min wait.
Nova Scotia- Beautiful Public Gardens,Churches, Cemeteries, Halifax Citadel,Town Clock and Maritime Museum- all within walking distance.
St John's NB, we were foggod out- could not get into the Bay of Fundy,
Bar Harbor, Maine- took the Island Explorer for free to Acadia National Park- had reservations to eat at Jordon's Pond Rest. - had my first "popover", a few "fall-colored" trees, beautiful town to walk around and shop
Boston Mass- took a taxi to the Boston Commons and walked the Freedom Trail, stopping to shop and eat in Fanuell Hall and the Quincy Market.
Thank you all for your input as to what to see and do! The ports were wonderful- hopefully next time others will be able to get into Newport RI and St Johns NB!
A Special Thanks to Lisa!