View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 10:13 PM

NPD, I hope I wasn't mis-interpreted (and I speak English . The trains in Marseille are fine if you just want to go to Aix en Provence or Arles (not both). Where the trains come up short is if you want to see more than Marseille + one other place. As to language, many French speak and understand some English, and in the south of France they are generally pretty friendly. But, there are a couple of customs that help. Always greet the French in their own language (BonJour). Whenever you enter a shop or a restaurnat always start out with a quiet Bonjour with a smile. We also like to ask if they speak English in French. "Parlez vous anglais?" The French really appreciate that you will try a few words. The road signs are pretty easy, For some reason they use the word "Stop" on their stop signs. All speeds are in kilometers, and we usually change our Nuvi over to kilometers to get in the right frame of mind. We really did debate the 370 vs the 670, but in the end opted for the larger screen. The software is the same so you will have a lot of fun using the thing. One problem is that the POIs are all listed in the countries own language. It took me a long time to figure out what the Leaning Tower of Pisa was in Italian

Hank