View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2007, 02:00 PM
CruisinNewbie CruisinNewbie is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4
I'm wondering if a notarized letter of permission from an absent parent is needed if you have a birth certificate and passport for the child?

My husband and I have custody of our step-son, age 17 and his mother is not being cooperative in sending a notarized letter of permission. 9We've requested several times with no answer) He has the same last name as us, and his application for a passport went through and we do have that in hand as well as his birth certificate.

Any thoughts would be appreciated........