View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 06:53 AM

I know you have alot of comments already. Here are a few more things. At the buffet restaurant they have fountains with lemonaide, punch, water and coffee and tea 24 hours. So if you don't want to order and pay you can get this anytime. They also have dinner at night in this restaurant if you don't want to eat in the main dining room one night. The time is usually 6-9 p.m. You also can order room service 24 hours a day. This is free also. Sandwiches, salads, deserts, pizza, etc. We do this alot. They are usually there within 15 minutes. The menu will be in the book in your room under services. They have shampoo, soap and even a basket with raizors, aspirin, tums, etc, complimentary. They do have coke and water in the room, but they will charge you if you take it. There is a safe in the room, free of charge so you can lock up all your personal items. You will use your sail and sign card they give you for your room key, charge card and id. You can go to the pursers desk any time and get a print out of your bill so you can keep up with it better. The tip is usually added in at 10 person guest per day and broke down by waiter, asst. waiter, room steward, etc. However, you can adjust this at the pursers desk before the end of the trip. Price wise, it is cheaper to cruise Sept thru lst of december and January thru first half of May. Holiday and June thru August is peak pricing. I cruised in February last year. It probably would have been fine sunny weather but a storm was brewing and one of the days we couldn't go out on the deck at all. You never know what will happen. I have cruised 19 times and have had very few occurances like this. However, when you are only going on a 3 night cruise, one bad day hurts. I am sure you will have a great time. I check prices online at travelocity.com and cruises.com then I call my travel agent. She lives in Miami and always gives me the best prices compatable to the ones online. The prices direct to the cruise lines are usually higher. Check several sites before calling. Usually they have to add gov't fees to the price online. Have a safe and wonderful trip. Cathy from Georgia