Thread: Lost Luggage
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 09:48 PM

I called the port in the afternoon on Thurs. but I still haven't heard from them. I'll try again on Monday. I was wondering how long you had to wait before they returned your call?

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
sjn, if you called at 9:33 am east coast time, they may not have been open, since I am assuming you disembarked in either Los Angeles or San Diego. I, too, had to wait for a call to be returned, but they did. I can't remember how I paid the shipping charge, but it wasn't very much, around $20, which to me was well worth it. I had a dress that my hubby had just bought for me in my suitcase as well as a pants suit he bought. I know it's frustrating, and I understand it's not your fault, just try to keep the faith and be as pleasant as you can be. I was ready to drive back down because I couldn't get ahold of anyone, but they did call. When they did, they had good news. As Neil states, if you have insurance, it will cover some of your loss. I believe home owner's insurance will cover some of it as well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.