View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 10:14 PM

We’re cruising the Southern Caribbean (RCCL Adventure of the Seas) in early July (soon!). Two ports of call include St. Maarten and St. Croix (USVI). FYI, we're a semi-active couple in our early 50s).

Re: St. Maarten – Outside of the America’s Cup Sailing excursion, the most notable thing to do appears to be roaming/shopping in Marigot and sunning on Orient Beach. Unless I’m missing something, there appears to be no “ideal” ship excursion that offers the right proportion to this type of excursion. I’m open to ideas. Is there an excursion that covers these two places adequately or am I better off getting a taxi ride there and back, which I’ve read costs approx $24 each way?

Re: St. Croix – Similar to above, it sounds like Christiansted is the place to spend the day for touring and shopping. There is one excursion offers a walking tour of the town, but doesn’t mention time for shopping. Has anyone taking this particular excursion or something like it to get the shopping component as well? Again, I’m open to options (alternate ideas).