Thread: formal nights
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 12:44 PM

We were on the Liberty in March and saw VERY few men not wearing ties and jackets (sport coats and suits, not tux). I guess its all in how you feel about it. They won't turn you away from the dining room if you wear and open collar. Women were in anything from "church dresses" to something my daughter would wear for prom. A few dressy pant outfits were around.

The formal night on your Cozumel night is 1/2 hour later than usual for early dining to give you a little more leaway on getting ready, but can still crowd you for time if you are ashore toward the time to leave. We do our photos and our more careful preparation on the first formal night and are somewhat more casual on the second.

we actually enjoy the formal nights. We come from a small town in the midwest and getting a chance to do ourselves up special doesn't come along that much. People seem to have mixed feelings about the formal nights but they are just part of the whole cruise experience for us. My husband has been dragging his same black sport coat and dark slacks for almost a decade of cruises, and I haunt the sale rack for the remaining "holiday" pieces after Christmas. It's fun!
RCCL Explorer 2003, 2005
RCCL Navigator, 2004, 2007
RCCL Mariner 2006
RCCL Liberty 2008
RCCL Adventure 2009

Read and post cruise reviews