View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 08:49 AM

Not sure this would meet you requirements but I was on a Western Caribbean cruise on the Star Princess this February with my teenage daughter. (I have the same situation with the school that you have). The cruise was a seven day cruise, but we extended the vacation by spending extra time in Florida. At the time we went there were about 300 teenagers on board. The youth councilors were excellent. There is a supervised off limits zone, no parents allowed, for the kids to go to just hang out or participate in activities. There is a small video arcade, cyber golf, and two good size pools where the children can hang out with friends, (and two adult only pools). My daughter especially liked the airbrushed tattoos. The number of things that children and adults can do on a Princess cruise are way to many to list here. My daughter is a very picky eater, but we never had a problem finding food that she would like. She was able to get pizza without sauce, double cheese and double pepperoni. At dinner if she didnít like the main choices, our waiter would bring her out three plates of different kinds of fruit as an appetizer, french fries with blue cheese dressing (a Buffalo NY thing) and fettuccini alfrado for a main course. Which are three of her favorite things to eat. Point being that the crew went out of their way to make sure enjoyed all her meals; breakfast, lunch and dinner. We had a great time at the ports. We went snorkeling in the Princess Cays, to the turtle farm and swimming with the stingrays in Grand Cayman, a dolphin swim and climbed the Dunnís river waterfall in Jamaica, and had a relaxing day shopping in Cozumel. I have only been on Princess cruises so I canít compare cabins to other cruises. But from what I heard from other passengers the Princess cabins are larger than on some other cruise lines. I have always enjoyed my Princess cruises and my daughter had, in her own words, ďa mega good time.Ē