View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 11:05 PM

I have been stewing over what to do/who to tell and I sure wish I had found this site before sailing NCL Pride of America March 25th. We hit really bad weather - which we could have dealt with - but our expereince on the ship was poor - smelt like sewage - food was awful - some crew were very helpful and taking "Pride" (on the Pride of America) in their jobs, many were not.

I thought the organization of booking for shore excursions, and booking alternates when excursions were cancelled due to bad weather was absolutely terrible. We spent an entire day docked in Kuai with every single excursion cancelled and we just sat and watched the container port and the rain - we were sick anyway - but I could not believe that not only were there no alternate excursions but that they were recommending that people not go off the ship due to the risk of mudslides and flooding. I don't care if it costs a few dollars - offer us something to do please!!

The ports are mostly industrial/container and you couldn't just walk off the ship and go exploring (except for tendering in Kona).

We were very disappointed in the whole experience and it took us a lot of years to save up for this trip. Can't help the weather - you just have to deal with it - even bad food you can find something to eat, but the final straw was that we both became very ill - our cabin person was fantastic and very helpful but she was run off her feet as many others on our deck were sick and so were crew so she was having to clean extra rooms for crew who were off sick. We were treated very rudely by her supervisor (she had to report that we were ill and he came to talk to us). He was very rude and unhelpful and absolutely insistent that we "must have eaten something off the ship to make us sick" and they were "trying to figure out where the sick crew had eaten off the ship". We could hear the people in the next cabin through the wall being sick too - I don't think we all ate at the same place....

This was our second cruise - first one was Alaska on fabulous Royal Caribbean in 2001 - I thought this was a great way to see all the Hawaiian islands as we had never been there before - big mistake.... Like taking $4000.00 and lighting a match to it!

Friends don't let friends cruise NCL (especially Hawaii)!!!