View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 07:32 AM

Hi etinca, from my past experience with HAL, this is certainly unusual. I don't know that I'd cancel a cruise because of negative reviews. There have been thousands that have cruised on the Eurodam, but very few satisfied customers will take the time to post a review. Cousins had been looking forward to this cruise for a long time and I know it was a huge disappointment. I would wager that HAL will have improved 100% by the time you sail on the Eurodam or they will not survive. As I pointed out, we had plumbing problems on the Emerald and she was less than 6 months old. It wasn't because of the ship, it was because of a passenger. Someone flushed a soap bar down the toilet. Our entire deck was without water for a day. Luckily, we were in port. The problem was trying to get a shower for dinner. We also lost the water for a couple of hours on other ships, usually because a passenger has done something they shouldn't. Cousins said that other than the room, the cruise was great, so I wouldn't worry. HAL's service, cleanliness, and ammenities are some of the best. If I found a good deal on the Eurodam, I wouldn't hesitate to book it.