View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 04:17 PM

Greetings!

My husband and I are going on Explorer of the Seas this August. We are going bc of a family obligation - a surprise for my mom's 80th b-day.

Frankly, we don't make high salaries and normally travel on a shoestring. We would never go on one of these cruises otherwise and spending $1200/person for five nights is expensively ludicrous to us. Still, we're going bc we want to maintain good family relations.

That said, we understood that we will have virtually limitless food and drink (not inc alcohol) at no extra charge. Then we've read some cruise chat discussions and it sounds like we'll have to wait in long lines and not necessarily be able to eat whenever we want -- and even pay for water outside of meal times!

Can anyone give us the scoop and perhaps allay our fears of having to spend more money on food and water while we're trapped on the ship?

We really want to have a good time, and I believe, ultimately, we will. Actually, we're looking forward to resting up for a 20-mile trail running race scheduled for the day after we return home from the trip.

I guess we're just trying to have a better idea of what to reasonably expect in the realm of food and water.

Also is it possible to BYOB?

Many thanks, in advance, for your insights!