Thread: Eurodam
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2008, 09:24 AM

I have just returned from the transatlantic crossing on the Eurodam from Copenhagen to New York. These are my comments:

Ship-beautiful (large)

Staff-excellent courtesy but training needed

Food-THE WORST I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED ON A 5 OR 6 STAR SHIP. WATERY FRUIT JUICES, UNAPPETIZING PRESENTATIONS, INEDIBLE MAIN COURSES (THE TURKEY WAS APPARENTLY A PROCESSED ROLL AND HEATED IN A GOOEY GRAVY)The "as you wish dining program" appears to fail since a reservation is needed if waiting is to be avoided. The reservation can only be made for one day ahead. If you don't call at 7AM your time choices are limited. The food in the Pinnacle(extra charge steakhouse was terrific but at $40.00 per couple on top of the cruise fare not a bargain. The Italian restaurant had good veal but the menu choices were very limited and you had to go to Deck 9 daily to read the menu.

Room service - breakfast prompt and correct. At dinner every item was incorrect or improperly prepared. The room service selectiobs are very limited and inflexible - no french fries to go with steak sandwich or burger - no choice of salad dressing etc.

Itinerary and excursions - Excellent

Summary - If HAL can get the food improved significantly this can be a great cruise ship. With the current level of dining it barely rates a star.