View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 05:52 AM

Don't know how many days you have left until your cruise, but I keep myself busy packing, unpacking, repacking, checking all my paperwork, making sure my cameras are charged, etc. There is plenty to do in Ft. Lauderdale. Don't know your age group, but we're in our 50s. My favorite thing to do is take the water taxi. It's $10/pp for unlimited use. They run pretty much every hour from 9am-11pm, it may run until midnight now. If you're into shopping, get off at one of the Las Olas Boulevard stops and shop 'til you drop. Be sure to go to the end of the line and have a couple of drinks at the clubs there on the intracoastal. Charlie's Crab has wonderful food (which is at that stop). Another great place for dinner is Pier 66 Bar & Grill. It's on the Intracoastal and if the Grand is the hotel I'm thinking of, Pier 66 is right across the intracoastal from the Grand off of the 17th Street Causeway. If you're into partying, the Elbo room is still there as well as a bunch of clubs on A1A (make sure you take a cab or the water taxi-don't want a DUI before your cruise!)Another great place for dinner is the Sea Watch, you'll have to take a cab there, but it is right on the ocean. Great view, great food, great drinks! Welcome to cruise-chat and I'm sure you'll become addicted along with the rest of us. Have a wonderful time!!