Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2006, 08:38 PM

can't decide which side to book balcony cabin on for southbound cruise-doing land tour first-any suggestions
Old 09-14-2006, 08:03 AM

Traditionally, the port side would be preferable. However, when the ship calls in port, you could be docked (or sometimes anchored) in any direction, and in places like Glacier Bay, the crew will turn the ship around 360 degrees so everyone can view the glaciers. Good for you to choose a balcony cabin, though! IMO, that's the only way to cruise Alaska on a large ship.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:15 PM

Karen is right, we just got back from a cruise. Either side is fine and when you are at the glaciers, the best place to be anyway is out on the front of the ship if you can. That way if a glacier calves while you are there, you wont miss it by being on the wrong side of the ship at the wrong time. Dress warm, its gets a bit cold at the glaciers (sometimes anyway). Have a great time and if I can help you with any other suggestions, email me at greyson_kitty@hotmail.com. I just returned from an Alaska cruise and could help you with excursions.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:10 PM

Hi Greyson.We just got back from Alaska on Sept.13/06 and was wondering if perhaps we were on the same ship.We went with Princess Regal.Which ship were you on ?
Old 10-02-2006, 04:25 PM

We actually disembarked the Ryndam in Seward on 9-3 and spent a week in Anchorage with my cousins and my aunt. Had a great trip and Im ready to go again. Its just such beautiful country you never get sick of seeing it.

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, best, bound, cruise, cruises, glaciers, part, port, reviews, ship, side, south, southbound, starboard, starbord, statbord