Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 01:53 PM

My friend & I are sailing to Alaska 9th May with Infinity. My friend is recovering from cancer & this is a dream holiday for her. We are keen to try the dog sled but would like recommendations for alternative excursions in Ketchikan and Juneau.Thanks
Old 04-03-2008, 04:44 PM

For a great trip, book a private charter for whale watching with Harv and Marv's Alaskan Outback in Juneau. They are fantastic. Also be sure to see the Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau. The park to view it is quite good.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:21 PM

Book a private charter for ANYTHING... (don't limit yourself to JUST whale watching!)

I always tell friends and family, if they want to have a LOT of fun and really get a feel for this area, get out on a small boat, fly in a float plane, and have a drink in the Red Dog Saloon...

Harv & Marv are quite popular this year (mostly due to their amazing tours and being heavily promoted on one of those other cruise related discussion boards!) If you're set on booking them, BOOK NOW... If you they're not available, post back, and I can fire off at least a half-dozen great charters to try.

In Ketchikan, take a tour of Misty Fjords... it's best seen from the air, and there are some great float-plane tours available there.

Happy Alaska Travels!
-Case
Old 04-04-2008, 09:11 PM
A simple trip to the Mendenhall glacier is a wonderful sight.....a nice visitor center there and lots of picture taking.....In Ketchikan, there is a Cultural tour that takes you to see many reproductions of famous totem poles and then to a restoration shop where they are restoring many of the oldest totem poles. Very interesting....White Pass Railroad in Skagway is a must....Alaska will not disappoint you...
Have a special and wonderful cruise...

Bob E

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaskan, book, excursions, excursionsnin, month, reviews