Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Alaska Port Chat (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/alaska-port-chat/)
-   -   How is the ride? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/alaska-port-chat/16670-how-ride.html)

Popcorn Pam 06-22-2008 02:56 AM

Two more weeks and we are off! I've only been on one other cruise and that was to Cozumel. The ride was pretty bumpy one night but I had NO problems with queaziness. Sooo, just wondering if the Inside Passage tends to have smoother or choppier seas.

Thanks!

Popcorn Pam 06-22-2008 02:56 AM

Two more weeks and we are off! I've only been on one other cruise and that was to Cozumel. The ride was pretty bumpy one night but I had NO problems with queaziness. Sooo, just wondering if the Inside Passage tends to have smoother or choppier seas.

Thanks!

Cruise Fanatic 06-22-2008 05:29 AM

Both my cruises in Alaska were very smooth.

bizzybee 06-22-2008 11:53 AM

We just returned last month from a 14 day cruise from San Francisco to Alaska. The inside passage was smooth sailing, however the west coast from San Francisco to Ketchikan was much rockier than our previous cruises, which left from the east coast. The day after we left Seattle we hit a storm with 25 foot waves. My husband made it to dinner, I didn't. He said the dining room was partially empty. All shows were canceled that night. I was wearing sea bands, which did not help. Fortunately I brought along a prescription for Transderm Scop Patch. After hugging the toilet once, I put on a patch, went to bed, and the next morning felt fine. I'm glad I came prepared, the scenery was too beautiful to spend much time in your room. Enjoy Alaska!

gottacruz 06-22-2008 02:51 PM

hi,
the ride in the inside passage is smooth, make sure you have camera and binoculars with you, whenever you're out of deck.

Nadine 06-22-2008 04:01 PM

We just returned from our Alaska cruise two weeks ago. You will absolutely love it! The inside passage is beyond beautiful.

We were told the cruise between Whittier and the inside passage could be choppy. But we were lucky and never had one time when we could "feel" the seas. It was smooth sailing all the way. I wish the same for you!

We were outside taking pictures all day, except when we were eating and sleeping. To go inside was to risk missing a whale, a gorgeous sunset, or other beautiful scenery.

Have a wonderful trip!

Nadine

Berick1234 06-22-2008 04:19 PM

The inside passage is smooth as silk....but can be a little rough when you leave it....but it's still worth every little bump just to take the ride...It's almost like a religious experience...I've been there twice and will go again soon...Happy Cruising...and you can't take enough pictures...

Bob E

Popcorn Pam 06-24-2008 10:43 AM

WOW! Now I'm even more excited and I didn't think that was possible. I'm taking extra camera batteries and an extra card. And binoculars!!

RichC 07-12-2008 05:54 AM

There's no guarantees but the inside passage last week was very smooth. Even leaving SF there were no large waves but it could change at any time especially as we approach Sept which is a long way's off.

Berick1234 08-07-2008 01:44 PM

I will take the SMOOTH ride again in 20 days:-)

Happy cruising....North to Alaska:-)

Bob E