Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 11:10 AM

My Son and hubby are wanting to Kayak or Canoe but that is only 2 people per boat! I could find something else to go do, but was wondering what is usually done then? Are there other odd people to partner up with? I am not sure that would be fun...
Old 03-25-2008, 11:43 AM

Hi cupatea and welcome to Cruise Chat.

Sometimes you can be matched up with another odd-man-out for a canoe. I've seen that happen, and I've seen the person go into the canoe that the guide is in.

Same with kayaking, although on occasion, there are one-person kayaks available as well as two person boats.

Sandy
Old 03-25-2008, 11:50 AM

More details needed. What cruise and excursion and who is telling you this? As far as kayaking in general there are one, two and three person kayaks. As far as canoes go there are one and two passenger canoes that can carry an extra person (or two if they are small kids) in the middle. And any two person canoe can be paddled solo. So I am not sure who is telling you that this is only for pairs. Maybe the outfitter only has two person kayaks and canoes. But either can be paddled by a single person.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:02 PM

All of the kayak excursions in Juneau have single and double boats available... I wouldn't worry about it... just go and have fun!

Happy Alaska Travels!
-Case

Closed Thread

Tags
kayak, kayaking, maarten, martin, st