Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2004, 12:40 PM

i am planning a cruise for 2005. what is the best time of year to go? i am leaning towards early june. we will be spending some time on the ground on both ends, as well.

thanks

chan
Old 07-26-2004, 12:40 PM

i am planning a cruise for 2005. what is the best time of year to go? i am leaning towards early june. we will be spending some time on the ground on both ends, as well.

thanks

chan
Old 07-26-2004, 03:11 PM

My experience has been that the last week of May and the first two weeks of June are the best. Lots of sunshine with little or no rain. The historical records may prove this wrong, but over the last ten years, I have found this period to be the best. The later in the summer, the wetter it gets. I am leaving on the Norwegian Star on the 18th of August and am taking full rain gear...VBG.

Also, I prefer an inside cabin on this run as you may have as much as 18 hours of sun light during the day time and it makes it very difficult to sleep if you are at all light sensitive.

Just my opinion.

Have a great cruise

Tom
Old 07-26-2004, 08:25 PM

The advantages of June: longer days (more time to see the scenery), warmer weather. Prices will be higher in June than in May or Sept. We had heard May had the best weather; went the earliest we could (May 5-15 or so) and found lots of weather variation, temps from 40's to 60's (daytime highs), rain where expected and a couple gloriously sunny days.

If you are prepared with the right gear, and willing to enjoy the incredible beauty of Alaska no matter the weather, there is no bad time to go. Enjoy!

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaskan, beat, cruise, cruises, crusie, time, year