Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2009, 03:10 PM

What are the must see places in Juneau,other than Mendenhall?
Old 04-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Well, we had a tour of the Juneau Salmon Hatchery with a wonderful Salmon bake across the street in a nice wooded area. The river is right there and you could see lots of salmon swimming up stream. That was fun and the area of course was beautiful. That, with out a doubt was the FRESHEST salmon I have ever eaten !

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 04-16-2009, 06:16 PM

Thanks! is the Hatchery close to Douglas lake and how far is the lake from the pier?
Old 04-16-2009, 09:12 PM
I would do the whale watching.....and there is always the Red Dog Saloon.....and of course shopping.......Just enjoy it all...

Bob E
Old 04-20-2009, 12:26 PM
We spent the afternoon walking around the city, after exploring the wonderful state musuem. We went to the state office building and walked around their grounds and explored the library there. We took the tram to the top of Mt Roberts. There are hiking paths and a very nice visitor's center. We actually found a wonderful little Mexican restaurant for lunch on a side street. The Red Dog Saloon was crazy jam-packed by early afternoon so we avoided it.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:49 AM

My husband and I are planning on booking a 10 day cruise/land to alaska for the end of July - early August 09. Having trouble picking Princess or Royal Carribean - also - Has anyone taken the Helicopter to Mt. McKinnley? I would love to do that.
Thanks for any advice -
Old 04-27-2009, 10:08 AM

Hi Welcome to Cruise Chat. You might want to sit down with a cruise oriented Travel Agent who can point out the differences between these two cruise lines. I like both of them, but there are distinct differences. Princess is a premium cruise line and Royal is a mass market. Princess tends to draw an average age of older clientele. However; on Alaska itineraries you will see families. Along with Holland America, Princess has been established in Alaska the longest. Princess goes into Glacier Bay and Royal Caribbean doesn't. Glacier Bay is the most popular glacier for seeing calving. Royal Caribbean visits Hubbard Glacier which is also nice.

Either will be a great cruise in Alaska. If itineraries are similar but price is a huge difference, I would probably go with the lower price. But a Travel Agent can help you make the decision based on your needs and wants.

Closed Thread

Tags
alsaka, cheap, city, cruise, cruisers, jjuneau, juneau, must, places, pm, port, see, sees, things, tour