My Husband, Children (11, 9 & 4) and I are looking forward to our 1st Alaskan Cruise this July 29th. We would love input on the best shore excursions. Here's what we are thinking so far...would welcome input especially for Vancouver & Sitka.
* Victoria - Horse-drawn Trolley Tour (1-1/2 hrs)
* Vancouver - Maybe Capilano Canyon Rainforest Adventure (4 hrs)???
* Sitka - Maybe Best of Sitka Motorcoach Tour (3-1/2 hrs)??? Indian Arms Kayaking sounded good, but with a party of 5, hate to split up 3 ways..this would only work if our 4 yr old can accompany Dad & our 9 yr old in 1 kayak; and I can go with our 11 yr old. (Also a bit concerned that Kayak tour is 3-1/2 hrs of kayaking)
* Juneau - Mendenhall Glacier & River Rafting (3-1/2 hrs)
* Skagway - Glacier Flightseeing & Dogsledding (2 hrs)
* Ketchikan - Neets Bay Bear Watch Expedition by Floatplane (3 hrs)