Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Alaska Port Chat
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2007, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Did you notice the zip line running through the edge of it? I would think that would have something to do with no wildlife.
I'm simply stating this excursion doesn't live up to it's name and what it claims to be. I just don't like being rip off by false advertising and hope others don't pay for the same thing.
Old 06-12-2007, 05:45 AM

Something we wanted to do was a trip out to pick up crab pots, learn about the crabs and then you go back to a crab feed. We didnt book that this time but plan on it in 2008.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:08 AM

Given a choice between taking a helicopter and walking on a glacier in Juneau or taking a float plane to Misty Fjords, which would you recommend. My husband and I are interested in doing one or the other but probably don't want to spend the money on both. Any opinions?
Old 02-14-2008, 01:20 PM

Another interesting thing to do in Ketichikan is "The Great Alaska Lumberjack Show". They have a competition you may have seen on ESPN in several athletiic events that are fun to watch for sports enthusiats.

Cheers, Neil
Old 02-27-2008, 04:57 AM

jerseygirl1962. If you are like the rest of us, you will probably want to go back to Alaska for a 2nd or 3rd trip. So I suggest you just pick one or the other (they are both wonderful in their own respect) and you will have fabulous memories of your trip. Then you can do the other excursion on your next trip.

We have done both the walk on the glacier and the Misty Fjords floatplane (and also the George Inlet Crab Feast).

Hope these links work, but here is the Crab Feast and the Walk on the Glacier trip:
http://travel.webshots.com/album/558583068GzMtIe

And here is the Float Plane (after the float plane we had them drop us at the Ketchikan City Park which is lovely and then walked back to Creek Street along Married Man's Trail - a must do in Ketchikan IMHO)
http://travel.webshots.com/album/559480372UPONbk

You are going to have a GREAT trip no matter which excursion you decide to take. ENJOY!
Old 04-12-2008, 10:30 AM

My husband and I along with some friends are going to Alaska via Princess landtour and then cruise the end of August beginning of September of this year. In Ketichikan I reserved the zip line over the Rainforest - is it worth the money? I really want to see the forest and wildlife while there.

Thanks for any informaiton that you can give.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, avaition, aviation, crab, excursion, exlporation, exploration, feast, ketchikan, locals, ports, recommendations, review, reviews, sea, wilderness, wind, worthwhile